This website is provided for your use “AS IS” without any warranties (whether express or implied) of any kind. As a result, no member of the American Dry Cleaning Company accepts any ongoing obligation or responsibility in respect of any errors, omissions, interruptions or delays in service which may occur.
Your use of this website and/or its various affiliates or subsidiaries is subject to the following terms and conditions:
Copyright and Trade Mark Protection
All content and information on this website is the copyright of American Dry Cleaning Company (henceforth referred to as the ‘Web Host’) or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners, which shall henceforth be referred to as ‘The Copyright Holders’. All rights are reserved. Members of the American Dry Cleaning Company do not give persons accessing this web site permission to use any trade mark used in the web site. Unauthorised use may constitute an infringement of the relevant owner’s rights. The materials on this website may be retrieved and downloaded solely for personal use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of The Copyright Holders. The Copyright Holders and/or any other names of products or services provided by The Copyright Holders and referred to on this web site are either trademarks or registered trademarks of The Copyright Holders. The copyright and all other rights in all of the material on this web site are owned by the member or members of the American Dry Cleaning Company listed on the relevant web page or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner. You may copy material on this web site for your own private or domestic use only. All other copying is prohibited.
For information on obtaining permission to reproduce or translate copyright material belonging to The Copyright Holders, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Web Host makes no warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on this website for any purpose. All such information is provided ‘as is’ and with specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and/or non-infringement. The Web Host makes no warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by this website will be uninterrupted, error-free or that the website or the server that hosts the website are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code. In no event shall the Web Host, its employees or agents be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages resulting from the use of this website. This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law and is without prejudice to any express provisions to the contrary in any written license or subscription agreement from the Web Host in respect of the use of any online service provided via this website.
Links to other websites are provided by the Web Host in good faith and for information only. The Web Host disclaims any responsibility for the materials contained in any website linked to this site.
This website, including these legal notices, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Service terms and conditions
In these Terms & Conditions, “we” means American Dry Cleaning Company and “you” means you – our very important customer
– We don’t accept cheque payments
– Credit card payments for under £10 carry a £1 transaction fee
– All prices are subject to VAT at the current VAT rate
– All prices are subject to change from time to time
– Payment needs to be made to us in full before we can release items back to you
– We reserve the right to suspend servicing you if old orders remain unpaid
- Refunds are only authorised on reasonable grounds, any refund over £100.00 will be directly authorised by head office. Credit card payments can take up to seven days to be processed by the sender bank
- DROPPING OFF ITEMS
You will be given a till ticket. Check the ticket order, count and description together with ticket value. This is final.
If you believe the depreciated value of your garment/item exceeds 10 times our service charge, please declare the value. In which case the garment/item will be serviced at 1/10th of the declared value of the item. [This service charge is limited to the lesser of 10 times the cleaning cost or the depreciated value of the item as determined by the Textile Service Association (TSA) fair compensation guidelines as our maximum liability for any claim]
We will require a completed and signed Customer Consent Form to authorise the processing of any item that we consider a risk. We also request this form to be completed for processing – curtains, rugs, leather, fur and suede, wedding/ beaded/evening dresses, and or other household or non-clothing items. In each case a non-refundable deposit will be taken. We reserve the right to re-schedule take-downs or rehangs in the case of curtains within 10 working days if we are unable to complete the work on the day.
- COLLECTING ITEMS
Lost tickets will require ID, and you will need to sign for the order collected.
Check your order is complete in the shop-no liability for missing items once you leave.
Uncollected items may be disposed of after 90 days. We will not be held liable for any loss that you may suffer in such an event.
- GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
Unfortunately, we cannot be liable for:
(a) Any item which suffers colour loss / shrinkage/ damage, during the cleaning process, whereby the manufacturer’s care label instructions have been adhered to, and or were we have tested the textile prior to cleaning (due to no care label),and it consequently fails during cleaning method employed by us
(b) Any feather / down filled item e.g., ski wear, duvets, mattress toppers, puffa/Down jackets and coats
(c) Any accessory attached to or contained within any item. An “accessory” means (but is not limited to) belts, buckles, buttons, broaches, beading, painted logos, leather trims, furs, signs, zips, detachable hoods, collars and inner linings.
(d) Any item which is damaged by any accessory on that item E.g. zips, belts, buttons, beading, broaches, leather strips and patches. This is not an exhaustive list
(e) Any ink marks left behind by our poly-marking label system, or third party colour runs from any other garments in cleaning cycle
(f) In the event that any garment / item is lost / damaged by us and is part of a set E.G. two-piece suit / furnishings / curtains / upholstery / laundry, We will only compensate for that lost / damaged item that is documented on the customers ticket. We will not compensate for retrospective value of set loss / damage.
(g) Any item that does not show cleaning instructions, and has not shown colour fastness dye, that runs on other garments, or a dark colour onto a lighter colour in the same garment.
(h) Any item that has deliberate crinkles or creased effects on the fabric which are removed during our cleaning process, including all types of pleating as well as sun ray pleating
(i) Any item with faulty adhesives or interfacing which leave a mark after cleaning
(j) Any item which, due to wear and tear or due to its integral nature, is unable to withstand an industrial laundered or dry-cleaned process E.g. shirt cuffs and collars, abrasions on garments from friction marks from handbags and belts, to garment stress areas, such as crotches, seats and trouser hems
(k) Curtains, blinds (venetian, roman) – For the avoidance of doubt we are not responsible for the following :
– Glued-on trims – many adhesives will not withstand the solvents used in cleaning, especially if affected by exposure to light or if more than one year old
– Tassels – these may have been weakened by the effects of light and mechanical action
– Tie-backs – many of these are not designed to be dry-cleaned. Some are stiffened with plastic liners and often glued during make-up for ease of manufacture
– Weights in the bottoms of curtains – these can be small, round, lead weights or chains that can do untold damage during cleaning as they are smashed against the cage sides during the tumbling action. Customer must remove if possible
– Swags and tails – these are often cut on the cross (bias) to aid the drape. They can be pulled out of shape during cleaning.
– Silver and gold painted designs – most pigments only adhere lightly to the surface of the fabric and can be lost during cleaning. Some may survive the first or second clean, but loss can be progressive over each clean, depending on the amount of mechanical action they are subjected to. Please be aware we are not responsible for this loss
– Flocked velvet may change in nature and become hardened
– Watermarks contained within the fabric – May not be possible to be removed during cleaning
– Old or Poor Stitching – May loosen during cleaning
– Weakened Fabric as a result of ultra violet light exposure – May only be noticeable after they are taken down. Weak fabric may be damaged during cleaning, especially curtain linings, and blackout linings
– Shrinkage – In the cleaning process may be up to 10%. Stretching post-cleaning may restore some of this length, but they may relax over time. We are not responsible for curtain shrinkage
(l) Household items (duvets, bedspreads, upholstery covers, rugs, curtains), leather and suede items
Please note that adhesives, defects and faults which were previously camouflaged in manufacture may become more apparent after the cleaning process, and although every care is taken, we cannot always disguise natural flaws or totally remove adhesives, or stretching techniques employed by the manufacturer. These items may “age” after cleaning. All items are therefore only accepted by us for cleaning at your own risk.
(m) Alterations, Repairs & Reweaving
All alterations, repairs and reweaving must be prepaid. We will be not held liable for any pinning carried out by the customer prior to mending. We will not be liable for the finished repair results for All pinning carried out by our representatives such as shorting, lengthening, taking in or out, tapering, hemming and not limited to all alterations and repair instructions will be confirmed as full and final by the customer. All must be cleaned and paid for prior to repairs for Health, Hygiene and Safety purposes.
You the customer are fully aware and have understood, that any reweaving/invisible repair method employed by ADCC on your instruction, will not be invisible to the naked eye, will contain fabric blemishes, as new material is being introduced, and may have a differential colour tone as the light hits the repaired reweaved fabric.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
In the unlikely event you are not satisfied, please return the item to the branch with the receipt, ensuring it is returned unworn / unused with the original packaging. You will receive a Customer Service Form that must be fully completed by account holder. Failure to do so will invalidate any potential complaint.
Please notify us of any such complaints within 48 hours from collecting your item. After those 48 hours we will not be responsible for any such claims. For missing or lost items, we have 14 working days search our depots and to return the item.
Liability for any reason (including, but not limited to, lost or damaged items) is limited to the lesser of 10 times the cleaning cost or the depreciated value of the item as determined by the Textile Service Association (TSA) fair compensation guidelines. A submitted claim will be subject to the underwriting terms where the garment will be deemed to be written off by the insurance company who will determine the value of the claim calculated using the TSA fair compensation guidelines.
We will not be liable for any item(s) not collected more than 3 months after dropping-off such item(s) with us.
– Any claim settled by us will be on condition that it is accepted by you as full and final settlement
– We will not be liable for any damage which is not related to or caused by the cleaning process
– We will not be liable for any claim which is excluded under the General Exclusions paragraph above [clause 4] or if you haven’t followed the process for making a claim under the Customer Service paragraph above [clause 5] – We follow the Textile Service Association (TSA) industry guidelines for fair compensation. From these guidelines we would potentially compensate you once liability is proven by us, only once the age, original value and proof of purchase from you is clearly established. We do not replace old for new and therefore need to establish the age, state and condition of the item(s) prior to any compensation being paid out. We will apply a depreciated value to the item(s) as set out by the TSA guidelines. . [For avoidance of doubt our maximum liability is limited to the lesser of 10 times the cleaning cost or the depreciated value of the item as determined by the Textile Service Association (TSA) fair compensation guidelines as our maximum liability for any claim]
– If there is doubt as to the cause of damage to any item, then an independent third party will be appointed jointly and paid by yourself initially. You will be provided up to a minimum of two independent fabric testing houses to choose from. The result of such analysis will be final and will form the basis for any compensation due or used by the parties in any escalated claims. The costs of any such analysis shall be paid for by the party which the testing house determines is liable.
– All alterations, repairs and reweaving must be prepaid. We will be not held liable pinning carried out by the customer. Any pinning carried out by our representatives such as shorting, tapering and alterations of repair instructions will be confirmed as full and final by the customer. All must be cleaned and paid for prior to repairs for Health, Hygiene and Safety purposes.
– You the customer are fully aware and have understood, that this reweaving repair method will not be invisible to the naked eye, will contain fabric blemishes, as new material is being introduced, and may have a differential colour tone as the light hits the repaired reweaved fabric.
- COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
– We endeavour deliver your items when expected, however, due to London traffic, circumstances may arise which make it impossible to deliver at the time originally booked. In these rare instances we will endeavour to inform you of the delay ahead of time and reschedule the delivery at your convenience, subject to availability.
– If you need to change your booking time for any reason, please inform us as soon as possible so we can rearrange your delivery.
– If there is no response or we are unable to gain access to your property at the scheduled time, we will contact you to rearrange your delivery; however we reserve the right not to accept an order, to cancel an order or terminate your account if this occurs repeatedly.
– We reserve the right not to accept an order or cancel and order if there is reason to suspect our staff may be at risk of physical or verbal abuse upon collection or delivery of your items. If we have attempted to make a collection or delivery the first failed attempt will be charged at £10.00, the second attempt £20.00 and the third attempt at £30.00. If we have attempted to deliver twice your items to your address, on the allotted time, and you have not been in. A £30.00 surcharge will apply for a third delivery, on every further attempt. Please note that our count and description is final. Any stains or damage on your garments, together with price changes you will be informed via email or text prior to processing. All payments for your orders must be made prior to the deliver
– Please make us aware of any issues that may arise when attempting to access your property. We reserve the right to decline any order that requires collection or delivery above the third floor, should there be no access by lift, either permanently or temporarily. Where possible, practical and not a health and safety issue, we will endeavour to explore ways of completing your collection or delivery, but cannot guarantee we will be able to do so.
The cost of joining our Priority Club Membership is non-refundable
Refunds on retail items will require a proof of purchase must be returned in a saleable condition within 72 hours.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions without notice. New Terms & Conditions will be made available in our shops and on our web site.
- NOTICES AND COMMUNICATION AND CHANGES IN THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY THE CUSTOMER
The Customer agrees to accept service of notices and communication from the Company, to include, without limitation, product and offer notifications, accounts and payment notifications and reminders and will accept formal service by all of the methods listed overleaf in the application for trade account and shall include for the avoidance of doubt, post by any class and recorded delivery, fax, e-mail, telephone call and text message.
The Customer must inform the Company in writing of any change of name, trading status or any change in contact details contained within the trade account and must be able to provide copies of such request as evidence in any dispute that may arise out of such changes notwithstanding the fact that acceptance of any changes for the purpose of continue trading and use of the trade account will be at the sole discretion of the Company.
These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.